03/09/2008

While we wait for the autobiography

I feel that I must at least give our ex-manager the opportunity to explain what happened, so over to you Alan!*

I started my West Ham United career when I left school in 1974 and have remained a lifelong fan. I have been incredibly proud to manage such a great club and my decision to resign has been very tough. The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future.

Thanks for the statement Alan! I'll be back with some comments on your time as our manager so just stay tuned!

Since this is pretty much in line with what most people thought, even though this is only one side of the story, I would be very surprised if we, at some point, will have to make a major re-evaluation of this sad part of West Ham history.

* Alan’s words were taken from here

No comments: