25/09/2008

Timing is everything! Sponsor update.

One would think most companies would love to come in as sponsors of our Club at this point since there is no shortage of media coverage.

Now some players have understood the importance of keeping us in the public eye and taken steps of their own to ensure a good sponsor deal.
The latest addition is a '24-year-old driver was spoken to and arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol. He was taken to a central London police station and later bailed.'

Even though it would be below my dignity to print a name, I can’t withhold that Carlton Coles mother is said to be very upset.

Where is Anton when we really need him?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think we should be too hard on carlton, i too was arrested in 2001 for DIA, i did 2 weeks on remand lost my license for 18 mths, all because my body was not used to alcohol, it was my Birthday i had 4 bottles of Bud and no more than that, but obviously enough to be illegal, Carlton could be like i was, not used to drink, and Anton was a whole mixture of various bad troubles.

Joppe - said...

In a way I can sympathise with your view, however, CC is 24 - not an academy player - and I have a hard time believing that he has not downed a pint or two before.
My main angle here though is that from a club point of view the timing is bad.