27/11/2009

Another must-must win

I think the team tomorrow (today) is easy to foresee. With Matthew Upson out (thigh/hamstring) and Ilunga back (hopefully after some days in full training) Gabbs can be back in his preferable position and Ilunga of course in his. An alternative is of course Tomkins (also back after a minor knock) but Da Costa and James together looks a bit too unexperienced for my taste. Tomkins and Da Costa may look more solid in the air, but Burnley is not the best team talking about headers and I think Gabbidon, who hade a really good game on the left against Hull, will suit Da Costa, also impressive since he got his chance. Diamanti seems still unfit which I really feel is sad, as a game against hard-fighters Burnley may give us some chances to strike with free-kicks.
It will be nice to see Parker as our captain though, it always looks like he is the true one on the field.

So I will go with:
Green
Faubert Da Costa Gabbs Ilunga
Noble Parker Collison Stanislas
Cole Franco

I'd rest Behrami, he looked a bit fatigue against Hull and we need some creativity and width witch Stanislas will give us. Hines will certainly get his chance from the bench, if needed.

Bench: Stech, Spector, Behrami, Kovac (don't know why, but he will be there for sure) Dyer, Hines, Nouble.

Nervous? Of course.... But even if we should have won quite comfortably against Hull I can't see that just more one of their goals should be counted. So from my point of view it was not the way we dropped the gols against Hull (who by the way won again in midweek, they are not THAT bad) that made me angry, it was the way we just stopped our own creativity and started to look too much on our opponents... Please, do not do that against the fresh newcomers...

No comments: