08/02/2010

Three points dropped

I´m starting to get fed up with writing about lost points but once again I´ve got to do it. This time we´re loosing away against a team that hasn´t one in 12 games before this one. If we can´t win this one, how can we expect to win any away game during the run in? And at a time when we´re not winning the home games either these are really testing times. We´re starting to eating in to the "winnable" games and are loosing more and more points towards the ones we´ll need to stay clear of relegation.

In January I made a prediction trying to look at "winnable" games during the second half of the season. According to my prediction we´d be safe with 43 points but since we´ve dropped six points until now my predictions see us on 37 points which probably are going to be a really close call in the relegation battle. Now we really need to get some bonus points here and there to climb up the table.

This is the prediction. And you tell me where we´re going to find the bonus points?

(Game: Prediction, Outcome, +/- from the game, +/- overall)

January:
Aston Villa - WHU: 0p, 1p, 1p, 1p
Portsmouth - WHU: 3p, 1p, -2p, -1p
WHU - Blackburn: 3p, 1p, -2p, -3p
Total January: 6p, 3p, -3p, -3p

February:
Burnley - WHU: 3p, 0p, -3p, -6p
WHU - Birmingham: 1p
WHU - Hull: 3p
Manchester United - WHU: 0p
Total February: 7p

March:
WHU - Bolton: 1p
Chelsea - WHU: 0p
Arsenal - WHU: 0p
WHU - Wolverhampton: 3p
WHU - Stoke: 3p
Total March: 7p

April:
Everton - WHU: 0p
WHU - Sunderland: 1p
Liverpool - WHU: 0p
WHU - Wigan: 3p
Total April: 4p

May:
Fulham - WHU: 1p
WHU - Manchester City: 0p
Total May: 1p

(Prediction, +/- according to prediction, pointing towards x amount of points)

Total 2009: 18p
Total 2010: 25p, -6p, 19p
Total 09/10: 43p, -6p, 37p

7 comments:

Prince H said...

I have some bonus points to you:
A win against Birmingham + 2, A win against Bolton + 2 and one point against Everton as well as against Man City. That's six points to you! You're welcome.

Dicks said...

Sounds good. On the other hand, why don´t I just predict wins in every game for the rest of the season? They´re not played yet and therefor by definition "winnable". ;-)

I do hope you´re right though.

Prince H said...

I do not just predict out of empty sky, I would say that that these are all achievable

TBI said...

I was harsh and I have us on 41pts.

Prince H said...

We may have a 3-pointer against Sunderland as well, they do look crap right now. Well, so do we, but....

Dicks said...

Prince H:
They are indeed achievable.

Though we usually don´t win vs Bolton. Birmingham are in great form this season. Usually finds it difficult in Liverpool, against both their teams and City really have great potential at the moment. That´s why I haven´t put us up for these points in those games.

As I wrote before, I hope you´re right. At the moment we´re not winning and the longer it takes to start winning the harder it gets.

TBI:
Well, sounds good! :-)

Hakan said...

I still think WH will stay up, but I'm less certain than I used to be. Looking at the fixture list it is vital to get some points (preferably six) against Birmingham and Hull, since they are followed by what seems (on paper) an awful few weeks with away games at Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal. Failure against Birmingham and/or Hull could mean that WH will find themselves in dire straits come mid March.