01/09/2009

Re-run!

I was about to write something about the Collins/Chamakh hassle. But then I remember that I did just that about week ago so I might as well direct you to that post. Nothing seem to have changed since.
Bordeaux-and-another-claret-for-collins

Collins showed incredible determination and willingness to sacrifice himself in the Blackburn game. So much, in fact, that I started to doubt the truth in the rumours. When he went down after denying Samba (?) I was fearing he would be carried off and all kinds of blasphemic thoughts were going through my mind. One was that this was the end of a deal I still thought would be good for the Club.
The arrival of Da Costa also speaks in favour of Collins actually leaving now. However, Da Costa could, for all I know, have been recruited for the right back spot. I don’t know more about the bloke than what can be read on different internet sites – never saw him play as far as I know.

No comments: