18/01/2010

Another point in the bag

About a week ago I tried to predict wether or not West Ham would be likely to stay in the Premier League when the season is over (see that post here). My prediction sets sight at 43 points (which would be quite enough) which would mean that we´d afford to drop some, but not to many, compared to the prediction.

The point vs. Villa was one that I didn´t expect which means that we´re one point a head of the schedule so far. The coming six games including the postponed one vs. Wolves are going to be crucial for the survival plan. 16 points out of 18 would almost be to good to be true but if we take a look at the rest of the games those points are going to be the core to our survival. We can´t expect to many points in the other games. At least I don´t want to depend on it.

At the moment we´re one point up on the prediction and on our way to 44 points. Hopefully it´ll remain the same after next game as well. We´ll really need a victory vs. Portsmouth.

(Game: Prediction, Outcome, +/- from the game, +/- overall)

January:
WHU - Wolves: 3p (postponed)
Aston Villa - WHU: 0p, 1p, 1p, 1p
Portsmouth - WHU: 3p
WHU - Blackburn: 3p
Total January: 9p

February:
Burnley - WHU: 3p
WHU - Birmingham: 1p
WHU - Hull: 3p
Manchester United - WHU: 0p
Total February: 7p

March:
WHU - Bolton: 1p
Chelsea - WHU: 0p
Arsenal - WHU: 0p
WHU - Stoke: 3p
Total March: 4p

April:
Everton - WHU: 0p
WHU - Sunderland: 1p
Liverpool - WHU: 0p
WHU - Wigan: 3p
Total April: 4p

May:
Fulham - WHU: 1p
WHU - Manchester City: 0p
Total May: 1p

(Prediction, +/- according to prediction, pointing towards x amount of points)

Total 2009: 18p
Total 2010: 25p,
1p, 26p
Total 09/10: 43p, 1p, 44p

3 comments:

Joppe - said...

As long as we are ahead I won't come down on your prediction/prognosis/divination.
I think this is a great way to keep track on how much I have to worry for the drop!

Dicks said...

Joppe:
As I´ve tried to explain (at least I think I tried to explain last time, if not I do it here) this isn´t necessarily what I think we´ll get. This is what we need. I do however think that the results that I´ve predicted is achieveable, not depending on over performing so to speak.

As we´ve seen earlier through the season we´ve missed a lot of points we really would've needed. We can´t afford that from now on if West Ham should still be a Premier League team next season.

Joppe - said...

You need to take into account that I'm a bit daft...