08/02/2009

DiMichele - untouchable?

It was a game that we could have won, but I can't complain too much, ManU was the slightly better team.
We were much better than against Arsenal. I'm not quite sure why, but I think Collison and Noble both were a bit better today. Cole was amazing in keeping the ball up. and even Neill wanted to take part in the offensive side of the game.
Finally it was an unfortunate string of individual errors that gave them the goal.

I'll get back to that in a later post, the fact that we were up there with the leaders of the table is quite a feat so it warrants a post of it's own. Now I just have to do just a little tiny bit of complaining.

All of you know that I am amazed by what Clarke/Zola has done, but I just have to get this off my chest - WHY DID DIMICHELE PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME?

DiMichele didn't have a good game and that is OK, everybody have bad games.
As I have said before, I don't think his game works against top 4 teams, and if we are to play someone that may come up a bit short against thiese teams we might as well play one with a future - Sears.
But that I can live with.

What really disturbs me is that when Zola tries to add to our attack, he takes out the very players that feed and support our strikers, without them there were 3 or 4 strikers, depending on what you call Savio, without the skills to build an attack!

DiMichele was never a threat today so why not take him off and give someone else a shot at it.
This is the second time - please Zola don't do it again!

No comments: